Please find below information and links to new Working with Children Check (WWCC) resources from the Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG).
These may be of assistance with your WWCC roll out, and education of members and affiliates.
There are a number of Child Safe Sports workshops starting next week in Western NSW – it would be great if you could promote these to your networks.
NEW FACT SHEET – “Administering the WWCC: a guide for sports clubs”
Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) has produced a new WWCC fact sheet specifically to help sports clubs.
CHILD SAFE SPORTS TRAINING
OCG continues to run Child Safe Sport training. The 2 hour session is designed to help sports organisations and clubs to understand the changes to the WWCC and implement effective child safe strategies and practices.
- Face-to-face session – there are a number planned around Orange, Condobolin, Dubbo and Mudgee in early June 2015. View workshops>>
- Webinar – 17 June 2015. View details>>
NEW E-LEARNING COURSE
OCG has launched a new E-Learning course on the WWCC
- The course is designed to help employers understand their obligations
- More info and access E-Learning>>
CHILD SAFE SPORT – JOIN THE CHEER SQUAD
OCG’s We Want Sport To Keep Kids Safe community campaign is a great message to share with affiliates, encouraging everyone to have a role in child safe sports.
- View and share the video>>
- Encourage affiliates to “join the cheer squad” – download the placards and send in a picture with them.Read more>>
GENERAL TRAINING AND RESOURCES
OCG continues to offer a wide range of general training opportunities and resources:
- Child Safe training (one day courses) >>
- WWCC online tutorials>>
- Fact sheets on a wide range of WWCC topics>>
- Tips for becoming a Child Safe organisations>>
NEED MORE HELP?
Contact OCG directly. You can request OCG run an info/training session specifically for your sport. Go to the OCG website for a booking form (right column, under seminars) >>