Softball NSW is now seeking Expressions of Interest from members coaching/working at a state level who wish to be eligible for appointments to State Teams for the 2019 National Championships. Successful coaches are agreeing to be involved in the SNSW Train On Squad assisting players to transition to the 2019 State Teams. Applicants will also be eligible for appointments to State Team Head Coach and other positions. Please note that this EOI is for State Team Head Coaches, Administrators, Assistant Coaches, Team Support Staff and HP Program Leaders.
Expressions of Interest should be accompanied by a brief history of State/National Level Appointments, a brief statement of skills and knowledge that each coach would bring to the State Train On Squad and State Team Programs, and an indication of which squads/teams each coach is interested in working with.
The current schedule for the 2019 National Championships is:
|Under 17 Girls||6-12 January, 2019||Adelaide SA|
|Under 17 Boys||6-12 January, 2019||Adelaide SA|
|Under 19 Women||20-26 January, 2019||Blacktown NSW|
|Under 19 Men||20-26 January, 2019||Blacktown NSW|
|Under 23 Women||TBA||TBA|
|Under 23 Men||TBA||TBA|
|Open Women||6-12 January, 2019||Mirabooka WA|
|Open Men||13-19 January, 2019||Hawker ACT|
Each year a Head Coach, Administrator, Assistant Coaches, Statistician, and support staff are appointed to each State Team. In addition, the SNSW High Performance Program has created a number of opportunities for members to become involved in programs conducted throughout the year.
Information for Applicants
All State Team appointments will be required to attend the
State Teams Dinner – December 5.
Individuals interested in Assistant Coach, Administrator, Statistician, Physio and Video Analyst should express their interest independently of a Head Coach in order to ensure they meet the minimum requirements of the role.
All applicants must be registered, financial members of SNSW. All applicants must have a current Working With Children Check Number.
All applicants should also address the additional background page to provide a brief resume detailing relevant qualifications, experience and knowledge.
Applicants for Head Coach positions may be required to attend an interview to discuss their strategies for the 2019 campaign. Information will be distributed before the interviews detailing selection criteria.
All Expressions of Interest should be lodged by using the Application Form by no later than April 30, 2018.
Successful Head Coach applicants will also be required to
- attend & contribute to periodic State Coaches’ Team meetings, seminars & workshops
- contribute to and potentially work across the full range of SNSW HP (elite & developing player) programs, including state squad programs
- work closely with SNSW State Team Selectors and the SNSW HP Staff and Consultants
- contribute to the delivery of SNSW program goals and objectives, particularly in the areas of program culture, integrity and player career development / monitoring
- engage in and potentially develop and deliver professional development programs for SNSW coaches
- engage in the process of identifying and preparing staff for various SNSW representative teams and programs
- play a significant role in the development of the SNSW Representative Team Culture
- play a significant role in the development of the SNSW Representative Team Operational / Management System
- assist in the development of regional academy programs