Softball NSW (SNSW) would like to thank our community for the extensive level of engagement and feedback provided on the advertised draft State, Waratah, Development & Youth League Regulations. The significant feedback was reviewed by the SNSW Technical Committee and SNSW Board and numerous aspects were adjusted and also implemented due to the above mentioned process for the 2020 State League and Waratah League competitions which are now due to commence on August 9th.
The SNSW Technical Committee is continuing its review of feedback regarding Development and Youth Leagues with a view to offering those competitions in Winter 2021.
Following this positive engagement process, Softball NSW is now pleased to present the 2020 State League and Waratah League Regulations.
As the competition start date is now one month away, we can now advise of the compressed timeline in which we will now be coordinating and then delivering the competition
- Teams are asked to submit an Expression of Interest by 5pm Sunday July 12 to indicate their intention to participate in the League. However, this will not be a registration requirement for 2020.
- Teams may register by 20 July. There will be no cap on the number of teams or requirement to lodge an expression of interest for 2020 competitions.
- Associations to nominate to host State League/Waratah League by July 20.
- A draw will be issued by 31 July.
- Uniform details must be provided by 31 July.
- Team Payment must be provided by 31 July.
- Competition will commence 9 August.
Draft Competition Dates & Rounds
- Round 1 & 2: Sunday 9th August
- Round 3 & 4 Friday 14th & Sunday 16th August
- Round 5 & 6 Friday 21st & Sunday 23rd August
- Round 7 & 8 Friday 28th & Sunday 30th August
- Round 9 & 10 Friday 4th & Sunday 6th September
- Semi Final Series & Grand Final Friday 11th & Sunday 13th September (13/9) Clashes with the SNSW AGM and Games will commence from 12.00pm
Back Updates include Friday 18th September
N.B There will be no games scheduled on Saturdays
Softball NSW can advise that the Team Entry to enter into the State League or Waratah League is $1250.00 plus GST. Once Team Entries are confirmed the SNSW Office will forward an invoice to the nominated delegate for payment no later than Friday 31st July.
N.B Team Fees have been reduced from $1650 in 2019 due to the length of competition, removal of Prizemoney and Ball costs.
Expression of Interest
For Clubs and/or Association to complete their EOI via the following process by 5pm Sunday 12th July;
For More Information
N.B Please note that SNSW Events & Operations Manager Cathy Kerr is on leave until July 20. As such, if you have any questions here please make contact via email@example.com