Softball NSW is looking for a volunteer Director of Coaching for a two-year term. Please see the below job advertisement for more details, including how to apply:
NOTE: Applications close September 28, 2018
A full list of key accountabilities, expectations and selection criteria can be found here – Director of Coaching
Softball NSW (SNSW) is the peak body responsible to conduct, encourage, promote, advance, control and administer all forms of Softball in and throughout New South Wales. SNSW works collaboratively with various affiliates for the mutual and collective benefit of the Members and Softball. Our vision is to continue to be the number one Softball State in Australia, providing exciting competitive & recreational opportunities to a rapidly expanding & diverse membership & communities.
About the role
The Director of Coaching will be responsible for the development of coaches and coaching programs in Softball throughout NSW. Duties will include, but is not limited to:
- Conduct and/or coordinate coaching courses with member affiliates
- Responsible for the accreditation programs in NSW in conjunction with Softball Australia
- Establish a Coaches sub-committee for Softball coaches in NSW
- Identify and communicate pathways for Softball coaches in NSW
- Key contact with Softball Australia on coaching programs and updates
- Sit on a technical subcommittee of Softball NSW
- Work with the High Performance Manager on matters relating to coaching in NSW
- Work with Softball NSW staff on matters relating to coaches and selection events in addition to providing communications and updates on coaching matters.
Your passion for the game, experience in coaching Softball and coaching others along with excellent organisational and administration skills will ensure you are successful in this position.
- Minimum Level 4 Softball Coaching Accreditation
- NOTE: Coaches with a Level 3 will be considered if they are able to demonstrate their coaching experience
- Minimum 8 years’ current experience in coaching. NOTE: Elite Softball coaching experience preferred e.g. State Coach and Academy Coach
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate volunteer groups
- Previous experience in conducting coaches courses
- Highly effective communication and relationship building skills;
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Drivers Licence preferred
- Working with Children Check
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you follow these simple steps:
- Apply online at Seek or Sportspeople or direct to email@example.com and attach your cover letter, resume and any other supporting documents.
- If you have any questions or would like a confidential discussion, please contact Frances Crampton via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 28 September 2018